Inter Miami Hurt By International Break
All the headlines are dominated by the fact that Inter Miami forward Lionel Messi will not play Saturday night against Sporting Kansas City.
That does make sense considering how the fortunes of the Herons have changed since his arrival in July.
But he isn’t the only Inter Miami player missing from the roster as the Herons continue their push to the playoffs.
Inter Miami will also be without the following players due to international duty:
- Edison Azcona (M, Dominican Republic);
- Benjamin Cremaschi (M, USA);
- Diego Gomez (M, Paraguay);
- Sergii Kryvtsov (D, Ukraine);
- Josef Martinez (F, Venezuela);
- Lionel Messi (F, Argentina);
- David Ruiz (M, Honduras);
- Robert Taylor (M, Finland).
Inter Miami has made up the difference by signing midfielder Lawson Sunderland as well as fellow Inter Miami II players Cameron Johnson and Lucas Meek — both signed on short-term loan agreements from Inter Miami II.
Every bit helps as the Herons are currently 14th in the Eastern Conference and chasing an MLS Cup playoff spot.